Friday, March 11, 2011

Geisha, Human Embodiment of Art.

With the tsunami in Japan today I felt paying homage to country founded on tradition and art would be the least I could do.

THE GEISHA


When you look up a definition for these women they come off sounding like early Japanese prostitutes, but that is not at all what they were.  Nowhere in the world (as far as I know) has a group of women ever tried to so hard to be the very essence, living breathing and walking of art.  From the way they painted their faces, to their hair and clothing, there are simply no words.

I find it amazing that this was their profession: art.  All of their lives they were doing nothing but living as art.  To me, that sound like a very difficult standard to live up to.  Traditions, and ceremonies driving their existence.

Watch and learn, do you have what it takes to be a Geisha?

No comments:

Post a Comment