Wednesday, March 2, 2011

What Defines You?


  

Self discovery.  Who are you really?  In this video Madeleine Albright does talk extensively on what it's like to be a female democrat, but she hits on something even more interesting in the opening of this discussion.  Who am I? What defines me as a person?  Madeleine tells as story about when she was speaking in against Saddam Hussein's country and the next day the a poem in the newspapers compared her to many things but among them  "an un paralleled serpent". She then goes on to talk about how she happened to have a snake pin, and wore it for the press every time she spoke.  

Rather than be offended by the acusation this became one of Madeleine Albright's trademarks.  In the video Madeleine goes on and on to talking about all sorts of things but I just couldn't get passed the idea in question, "What characteristic defines me?"  Think about it.  If you were turned into a symbol what would it be?  Personally, I have no idea what I would be? (Haha, and I really want to know.)  That's the best part though.  You can't tell yourself, it's what the world says for you!

This is a question about looking into your soul and learning what it is about yourself that everyone will remember.  This question pulls at the strings of your character with an answer being simple and blatantly obvious.  What do you think you are?  Has anyone ever defined you?  Did you like it?  If not, or if so doesn't really matter, what do you want to be remembered as? 

I have it! Moose Tracks Ice cream.  Cold when I need to be, full of tasty hidden nuggets, and always trying to make people smile!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment